- "Business Customer" means a customer who is not a Consumer.
- "Consumer" means an individual who is not acting for the purposes of his or her business or profession.
- "RADE" means Royal Academy of Dance Enterprises Limited also referred to as "we" or "us" in these terms and conditions.
- "Catalogue" means the catalogue of products and services offered by the Royal Academy of Dance Limited.
- "Force Majeure" means any cause affecting the performance by RADE of its obligations arising from acts, events, omissions, happenings or non-happenings beyond its reasonable control including (but not limited to) governmental regulations, fire, flood or any disaster or industrial dispute affecting a third party.
- "Normal Working Hours" means 9 am to 5 pm on a Working Day.
- "Working days" means Monday to Friday, excluding Bank or other Public holidays.
Please not that special terms apply to Consumers, which prevail over the other provisions of these terms and conditions. Customers who are Consumers are referred to Clause 13.
- All contracts of sale made by RADE shall be deemed to incorporate these terms and conditions, which shall prevail over any other terms from the party ("the Customer") with whom RADE is dealing. Cancellation of orders by business to business customers is not accepted as many orders are despatched on the same day the order is placed. Cancellation of orders by Consumers will be accepted in accordance with the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000. Nothing in these terms and conditions is intended to impinge upon a Consumer's statutory or contractual rights to reject faulty goods.
- All orders are subject to acceptance and to availability of the goods ordered: RADE is entitled to refuse any order placed by you.
You undertake that:
- all details you provide to us for the purpose of purchasing goods or services offered on our web site are correct, and
- the credit or debit card you use to make a purchase from us is your own card or your company's card, that you are authorised to use it, and that there are sufficient funds or credit facilities to cover the cost of any goods or services you order from us. We reserve the right to obtain validation of your credit or debit card details before providing you with any goods or services.
- Please note, RADE may record and / or monitor inbound and outbound calls and electronic traffic for training purposes.
- Goods and services, together with VAT, are invoiced at the price prevailing at time of order.
- RADE reserves the right to modify the prices from time to time.
Delivery, Title and Risk
- RADE shall use reasonable endeavours to despatch goods by the date agreed with the customer, but does not accept liability for failure to deliver within the stated time where this is caused by circumstances beyond our reasonable control, such as delays caused by delivery companies or manufacturer lead times. If a delay is likely, we shall contact the customer and advise of the delay. A customer who is a Consumer shall be entitled to cancel an order when advised of a delay if the revised delivery date is not acceptable.
- In the case of a Business Customer, if RADE is unable to deliver the goods within 30 days of the agreed delivery date, the Customer will, as its sole remedy, be entitled to cancel the order and require any monies paid to RADE in respect of that order to be refunded. In order to cancel, the Customer must send written notice of cancellation to RADE after the above date but before delivery of the goods or notification from RADE that the goods are ready for delivery. This Clause does not apply to Consumers.
- In the case of Business Customers, RADE does not accept liability for shortages or damage to deliveries unless the Customer notifies RADE of the shortage or damage in writing within 48 hours of receipt of the delivery. Consumers should notify shortages or damage within a reasonable period of becoming aware.
- Business Customers are required to be able to accept the goods when they are ready for delivery within Normal Working Hours.
- Delivery is deemed to take place when the goods are delivered to the Customer's nominated address, whereupon the risks of loss, breakage and all damage and all other risks shall pass to the Customer.
- Title in the goods does not pass to the Customer until payment is received in full by RADE.
- If the Customer cannot accept delivery, RADE may at its option: (a) store and insure the goods at the Customer's expense and risk or (b) sell the goods at the best price reasonably obtainable and (after deducting reasonable storage insurance and selling costs) pay to the Customer any excess over the sale price or charge the Customer for any shortfall or (c) re-arrange delivery provided that RADE may charge the Customer for the additional delivery costs incurred.
- The Customer may request a Proof of Delivery, provided that this request is made in writing within 3 months of the date of delivery and RADE shall use reasonable endeavours to provide such proof. Thereafter, delivery shall be deemed to have been successfully completed.
- Upon delivery of the goods, the Customer will be asked to sign a Proof of Delivery to acknowledge safe receipt. It is the responsibility of the Customer to ensure that the number of packages delivered corresponds with the number stated on the delivery note. Where a discrepancy occurs or where there is evident damage to the packaging, this should be noted on the Proof of Delivery. RADE shall not be liable for discrepancies or damage evident on delivery where the Customer accepts delivery and signs the Proof of Delivery without amendment.
- Payment is due before shipment.
- Payment can be made by credit or debit card. Details of which will be provided upon confirmation of your order.
- RADE makes every effort to supply the goods as advertised but reserves the right to supply the goods subject to minor variations in actual dimensions and specifications where these are changed by the manufacturer.
- If RADE cannot supply the goods ordered by the Customer, RADE reserves the right to offer goods of equal or superior quality at no extra cost. In such a case, if the Customer does not wish to accept the alternative goods offered, he or she may cancel the order and require the refund of any money paid to RADE in respect of that order, including carriage charges. This shall be the sole remedy of the Customer in these circumstances.
Trade names and Trade Marks
- Trade names and marks (other than the Royal Academy of Dance Enterprises Limited's) are not always indications of the actual manufacturer of a particular product and may rather be indicative of general use systems and machines associated with such products.
The ROYAL ACADEMY OF DANCE used and displayed in this Site is a registered Trade Mark of the Royal Academy of Dance. The use or misuse of the Trade Mark or any other content on this Site, without written permission from the Royal Academy of Dance and Royal Academy of Dance Enterprises Ltd is strictly prohibited.
Nothing on this Site should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any Trade Mark, without written permission from the Royal Academy of Dance and Royal Academy of Dance Enterprises Ltd. The Trade Mark may not be used in any way, including in advertising or publicity pertaining to distribution of materials on this Site, without prior, written permission.
The Royal Academy of Dance and Royal Academy of Dance Enterprises Ltd prohibits use of the Trade Mark as a 'hot' link to the site unless establishment of such a link is approved in advance by the Royal Academy of Dance and Royal Academy of Dance Enterprises Ltd in writing.
Warranties and Returns
Please note that special terms apply to Consumers who wish to return goods, which prevail over the provisions of this Clause 8. Customers who are Consumers are referred to Clause 13.
- RADE is committed to providing our customers with the highest quality products and service. However, on rare occasions, products may be found to be faulty or defective. In such cases we offer the returns facilities described below.
- Unless otherwise stated in the manufacturer's documentation, all goods delivered to a UK mainland address carry a 12-month manufacturer's warranty.
- If you purchase goods in the course of your business, the following provisions of this Clause shall apply. Other than the express provisions set out in these terms and conditions, all other terms and the implied terms or warranties relating to the supply of goods are excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law. Goods are not tested or sold as being fit for any particular application or for use under specific conditions, unless expressly agreed in writing.
- Subject to the right of Consumers to return goods for refund under The Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 (see Clause 13), RADE does not sell products on a trial basis. Customers are strongly advised to check suitability and specifications of products before ordering. In some instances, Customers may benefit from special price discounts issued by a manufacturer specifically for their benefit. Such goods are not returnable to the manufacturer and may not be sold to other customers. Accordingly, orders for such goods can not be cancelled and RADE can only accept a return of such Goods where they prove to be defective and the Goods are returned for repair or replacement.
- In the event that RADE, at its discretion (unless the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 apply, see Clause 13), agrees to accept the return for credit of unwanted products, the goods must be returned with RADE's prior written agreement within 14 days of delivery. The goods must be unopened and in perfect re-saleable condition. All goods returned in these circumstances (except where the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 apply, see Clause 13) will be subject to a handling fee of 15% of RADE's sale price for the goods, or a £20, whichever is the greater.
Subject to testing to verify any alleged fault, we will accept the return of defective goods for full refund or replacement at our option, if, but only if, the goods are returned within 14 days of delivery. Consumers who wish to return defective products are not obliged to follow the processes set out below, but are recommended to do so as this helps us to provide a more efficient returns service.
- RADE's Customer Support staff, as appropriate, will advise you of which method of delivery to use to return the products. Depending on the nature of the product purchased, we will either arrange a courier collection, or request that you return the product directly to us. If the goods are found on inspection to be defective, the cost of returning the item will be refunded to you. Authorised product returns must be sent to: Royal Academy of Dance Enterprises Limited, 36 Battersea Square, London, SW11 3RA
- All returned goods (except those returned under Clause 13) must be accompanied by RADE's original Invoice.
- RADE cannot accept liability for packages damaged during transit. It is the Customer's responsibility to wrap the product adequately to prevent damage.
- Proof of postage is not proof of delivery and you are therefore strongly advised to send your package by recorded delivery, registered post or courier, and to insure the goods for their full value.
- If following the testing process, the product is found to be in good working order without defect, we will return the product to you, and the carriage costs of this return will be your responsibility. Please note that if you have, in the meantime, required us to provide you with a replacement product before completion of the testing process, you will have to pay for this product also. This Clause does not apply to Consumers returning goods pursuant to Clause 13.
- Unless otherwise stated in the manufacturer's documentation, all goods delivered to a UK mainland address carry a 12-month manufacturer's warranty. Customers who wish to make a warranty claim must comply with the manufacturer's instructions and warranty procedure. In order to resolve your problem as quickly as possible, we may refer you to the product manufacturer who will deal directly with the return. In these instances, we will provide you with the contact information for the relevant manufacturer. If you are a consumer, this does not affect your statutory rights.
- This warranty shall not apply if the goods have been worked upon, altered or damaged in any way by the Customer or its employees or agents, or to goods not used in accordance with the manufacturer's instructions.
- No software on which seals have been broken can be returned for credit. If any software discs are faulty, the manufacturer will replace them. If you are a consumer this does not affect your statutory rights. Please note Software Licences are non returnable unless the software is materially non-compliant with its specification or the physical media on which it is supplied is defective.
In addition to our general terms and conditions the following applies directly to our eBooks.
Cancellations and Refunds
- 1. The cancellation period of 14 days applies to eBook purchases by the consumer. Your refund must be handled through iTunes by lodging a complaint here: https://reportaproblem.apple.com/ . You will need to liaise with Apple’s customer support to request your refund.
- If you receive a corrupted copy or incomplete copy of your eBook, then, in order to request a functioning copy of the eBook please contact us and quote your iTunes order number and the details of the eBook(s) ordered with which you are experiencing issues.
- If you have suffered a loss of your eBook through failure of your hardware device, damage, theft or destruction, we may, solely at our discretion, provide you with another copy of your previously purchased eBook(s). If you lose your eBook in this way, please refer to our FAQ pages in the first instance to re-download from the iBooks app.
- Purely as a precaution we recommend our customers retain a physical copy of their personal notes. Whilst we have every confidence in our product we cannot be held liable for loss of information due to technical failure. Please refer to our FAQ pages for instructions on exporting your annotations.
- 1. Purchasing an eBook from RADE entitles your personal use of the eBook file on your chosen device/s. You are entitled to store your purchased eBook on five separate iOS devices/computers as per iTunes Terms and Conditions.
- You are not entitled to distribute, upload to the internet, sell, lend, share, give or publicly display the eBook in any way. The eBook contains Digital Rights Management (DRM) which prevents illegal file sharing. By authorising the purchase and download of this product you agree to adhere to iTunes’ Terms and Conditions.
- You are not permitted to adapt or modify the content nor attempt to remove or circumvent the security contained within the eBook file.
- In its dealings with Business Customers, RADE shall under no circumstances be liable for any consequential or indirect damage or loss, however caused, including (but not restricted to) loss of business or profits, loss of goodwill, damage to trading relationships loss of data and other financial loss. ("Financial loss" in this sense does not refer to the price you have paid for the goods, which we may be liable to refund to you, in whole or in part, if the goods are faulty or do not comply with their description). RADE's liability in respect of all other losses shall be limited to the invoiced amount of the relevant order.
- Nothing in this agreement shall limit RADE's liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence.
Health and Safety
RADE confirms that the goods it supplies as a distributor do not present a hazard to health and safety
- when properly used for the purpose for which they are designed; and
- if the Customer takes reasonable and normal precautions in their use.
Where, in spite of its reasonable efforts, RADE is unable to perform an obligation due to circumstances beyond its reasonable control, it shall not be deemed to be in breach of its contract with the Customer.
The Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000
- Contracts for the purchase of goods by a Customer not acting in the course of a business and made over the telephone or through the RADE website, or by mail order, are, with the exception of certain excepted contracts, subject to The Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 ('the Regulations').
- If the Regulations apply, Customers may cancel goods purchased from RADE by sending a written notice of cancellation by post or hand delivery addressed to Royal Academy of Dance Enterprises Limited, 36 Battersea Square, London, SW11 3RA Tel: 02073268000 or by e-mail to Sales@rad.org.uk
- The notice of cancellation must be delivered within 7 working days of the day after date of delivery of the goods.
- The Customer will be responsible for the cost of returning the goods if he or she exercises this right of cancellation under the Regulations. If the Customer does not actually return the goods to RADE, the Customer is under a duty to make the goods available for collection at the Customer's expense from the address to which they were delivered.
- The Customer is under a duty to retain possession of the goods whilst awaiting return to RADE and to take reasonable care of them during this period. The Customer will be liable for any loss of or damage to the goods if he or she fails to comply with this obligation.
Errors and Omissions
- RADE makes every effort to ensure that all prices and descriptions quoted in its catalogue and on its website are correct and accurate. However, the ever changing market place of e-commerce makes it inevitable that mistakes will occasionally occur. In the case of a manifest error or omission, RADE will be entitled to rescind the contract, notwithstanding that it has already accepted the Customer's order and/or received payment from the Customer. RADE's liability in that event will be limited to the return of any money the Customer has paid in respect of the order. In the case of a manifest error in relation to price, the Customer will be entitled to purchase the goods by paying the difference between the quoted price and the correct price, as confirmed in writing by RADE after the manifest error has been discovered.
- A 'manifest error', as the term is used in sub-paragraph (1) above, means, in relation to an incorrect price, a price quoted in error by RADE which is more than 10% less than the price that would have been quoted had the mistake not been made.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions affects your statutory rights as a Consumer.
- If any provision in this Agreement is held to be invalid or unenforceable, it shall be deemed severed from the Agreement and this shall not affect the validity or enforceability of the remaining provisions.
- Any waiver of a breach of this Agreement must be in writing.
- Any variation of this Agreement must be in writing and signed by a duly authorised RADE official.
- The headings are for convenience only and shall not affect the interpretation of this Agreement.
- Any notices given under this Agreement shall be in writing and sent (a) by first class pre-paid post to the last known address of the party; or (b) by fax to their last known fax number; or (c) by e-mail to the last notified e-mail address of the party.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England & Wales and the parties submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- RADE may at its discretion record telephone transactions for staff training and quality control purposes
Links to Third Party Sites
- The linked sites are not under the control of the Royal Academy of Dance Enterprises Ltd and we are not responsible for the contents of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site, or any changes or updates to such sites. The Royal Academy of Dance Enterprises Ltd is not responsible for webcasting or any other form of transmission received from any linked site. The Royal Academy of Dance Enterprises Ltd is providing these links to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by the Royal Academy of Dance Enterprises Ltd of the site
Royal Academy of Dance Enterprises Ltd
36 Battersea Square, London
United Kingdom, SW11 3RA
Non-UK residents: +44 207 326 8080
UK residents only: 0207 326 8080
Vat. Reg No. GB 603 1763 71
© Royal Academy of Dance Enterprises Limited, 2005. All Rights Reserved.