The Royal Academy of Dance Enterprises (RADE) is committed to protecting your personal information. We are committed to providing a safe environment for all our customers, both physically and virtually (online). This Privacy Statement is part of the RAD’s Information Management Strategy and relates to the use of any personal information provided to us online or via application forms, telephone, email exchange, letters or correspondence.
Whenever you provide such information, we are legally obliged to use your information in line with current legislation concerning the protection of personal information, including the Data Protection Act 1998.
2. What information does RADE have about me?
When you shop at RAD Enterprises or sign up to online content (such as e-newsletters), we may collect and store personal information about you. This can consist of information such as your name, email address, postal address, membership number, telephone or mobile number, depending on how you are engaging with us. By submitting your details, you enable us to provide you with the products or services that you have selected.
RADE does NOT share your personal information with third parties, unless clearly stated. We do NOT sell your data, and neither do we buy data from third parties.
3. What are cookies and how do you use them?
Cookies are text files that websites place on your own computer to store information specific to you. We use Google Analytics which monitors the traffic on our website and helps us improve its usability by understanding how you use information and how you navigate through it. It collects information anonymously and reports website trends without identifying individual visitors. Find out more at www.rad.org.uk/cookies.
4. How will you use my personal information?
We will use your personal information for a number of purposes including:
- to update you as to the progress of your order
- to identify you when dealing with your requests and enquiries, including complaints
- where applicable to provide you with information about our products, services and activities via e-newsletter
- to allow third parties we work with to facilitate completing your transaction with us, including processing card payments, applying membership discounts and watermarking when purchasing eBooks.
As and when we need to use your personal information for reasons other than the ones specified above, we will ensure that we notify you first. You will be given the opportunity to withhold or withdraw your consent for the use of your personal information for purposes other than those listed above.
5. RADE may contact you:
- in relation to any correspondence we receive from you or any comment or complaint you make about our products or services
- to invite you to participate in surveys about RAD services (participation is always free and voluntary)
- to occasionally market products or services that we think may be of interest to you
- to send you information you requested when you voluntarily signed up to our e-newsletter via our website.
6. How long will the RAD keep my personal information for?
We keep the information we hold about our customers and members for as long as is necessary to deliver the services we are providing you with.
7. Where is the information stored?
We use a variety of procedures and secure technologies to help protect your personal information from unauthorised access, use or disclosure. We store personal information you provide on computer systems which have carefully controlled access and which are located in secure facilities. Any highly confidential information (such as a credit card numbers and bank details) that we hold and process is managed over the Internet by third party encryption software and protected using industry standard security measures, including the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol. These are evidenced in your browser by the Padlock symbol.
The security measures described above ensure that all reasonable steps are taken to protect your personal information. However, the nature of the Internet means that an absolute guarantee of security cannot be offered, and, as with all Internet transactions, you should be aware that there may be a small security risk when disclosing information online.
8. Can I find out what personal information the RAD holds about me?
You have the right to access certain personal information held about you, as outlined in our Procedure for Data Subject Access Requests If you wish to make a Data Subject Access Request, please contact email@example.com
Contacting us about this Privacy Statement
If you any questions or comments about this Privacy Statement please email firstname.lastname@example.org